Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Radical Tools

I've been using my Black Diamond Cobras for the last 3 seasons, and I love them. A great all-around tool, but I find it best suited for alpine climbing. For really steep and mixed climbing, I wanted something with a more radical curvature. After reading Dane's review of the Petzl Ergo, I was sold. That was until I saw these...



I would love to get my paws on a pair of these, but at a retail price of $750 (per tool, not the pair), it's a bit unrealistic for me. They also offer an alloy version for $475 per tool. Of course, if they climb as sweet as they look, I might just have to sell my soul...

DMM, manufacturer of some of my favorite gear, is also launching a new line-up of ice tools later this year.


DMM ISPO Munich 2012 from DMM Climbing on Vimeo.

The Ergo's will have to wait until I get to swing some of these new radical tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment